Saturday, January 9, 2010

Update

So far, so good. Luckily I have a sister who goes out often, and who lives just around the corner from me, so I can easily get to the store when I need to. I've also been good at remembering my cloth bags.
Today I am going thrifting, looking for some curtains for my front door and other odds and ends. I watched a video on this site called the Story of Stuff. It is all about where our stuff comes from, and where it goes, and it made me very determined to limit the amount of new stuff I bring into my home.
The problem is, I live with 2 other people who maybe don't have the same level of conviction about living sustainably, recycling and composting. Every day I walk into the kitchen and see cardboard food boxes, plastic cartons and other recyclables in the trash can. I spent time each day picking through the trash! I can't wait until I have enough money saved up to buy my own house, so that I can stop renting and be able to control everything that comes in and out of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment